How to transfer a domain name
Transferring a domain name: This process consist of transferring a domain name ownership to another party.
The registrar is the entity that registers and managed domain names.
Can I transfer my domain name to Viamultimedia?
Yes. Any time you can do an online transfer of your domain name over to Viamultimedia.
Domain Name Transfert Process
In order to launch a domain name transfer, please follow the following steps:
- Make sure that your domain name is unlocked and you have the EPP code (transfert code).
- Confirm that your email is linked to the domain name(WHOIS)
- Follow the instructions provided by Viamultimedia to begin the transfer. This can be to provide the EPP code and confirmation email. Begin domain name transfer
- Wait until the transfer is complete; which can take at least a week depending on the registrar.*1
- Verify the status of your transfer in your Customer account –> Domain name section
*1 For example, most of the time, .CA will be completed on the same day. On the hand hand, .COM domain names can take up to 5 business days.
Can I manage the domain names' DNS?
Yes. Once the transfer is complete, you can manage the DNS entries from your customer account.
Can I edit the WHOIS information after the domain name transfer?
Yes. From your customer account you can edit the WHOIS profile information for your newly acquired domain name.
Can I get help for my domain name transfer?
At all times, you can contact our technical support and we will help you complete the transfer of your domain name.